My Top Ten Favorite Podcasts
So thankful that the weekend is here! Bryan is traveling so much this month, so I look forward to the weekends the he is home and our little family is back together!
One of my favorite things to listen to in the car is a good podcast. I have several that I listen to weekly, and several that I have listened to. The first podcast I ever listened to was Serial season one. I was hooked. I still love true crime podcasts. I thought I would countdown my favorite podcasts ever for you today. I will also share some honorable mentions and a couple of podcasts that Dex loves to listen to!
So without further ado:
10. Serial- the podcast that started it all for me. I LOVED season one. (And I am still keeping up with the new developments in the case- totally think he is innocent) Season two wasn’t as suspenseful, but I still enjoyed it.
9. That Sounds Fun with Annie Downs- Annie Downs grew up in the suburbs of Atlanta, just like me. She is hilarious, loves the enneagram (yes!!!), and her podcast is so fun to listen to. It has substance and heart. I am challenged, encouraged and I laugh until I cry during these episodes. If you are new to this podcast- here are a couple of my favorite episodes: Dansby Swanson, Rhythms: Jamie Ivey, Rhythms: Simoni Kigweba, and and of the episodes with Dave Barnes. Seriously- I laugh so hard at the two of them together.
8. Missing Richard Simmons- I binge-listened (is that a thing?) to this podcast on the way home from Kentucky after a visit with my best friend. I had listened to the #1 podcast on my list on the way to Kentucky, and needed something to keep me awake on the way home. This was fascinating to me- as a girl who grew up in the 90s, I was very familiar with Richard Simmons. There are only 6 episodes, so you can finish this one in one trip!
7. Someone Knows Something- I have listened to every season of Someone Knows Something. I found it on a recommended list after Up and Vanished. I love David Ridgen’s style. He is investigating, but there is such a calmness about him. These are about unsolved crimes that happened in Canada. I get really excited when I hear a new season is coming!
6. Mom Struggling Well- I recently found this one- but by the title alone, I knew I would LOVE it. I started following Emily on Instagram after she took over the Milk and Honey Tees (so good) instagram for the day. She is hilarious, super honest, doesn’t sugarcoat how hard motherhood is- but points back to how God can help us be better momma’s every episode. Check it out- I think you will love it.
5. The Bible Binge- This is a new one. The first season has just finished up, and I can’t wait for season 2. Knox and Jamie from the popcast (you will hear their name again soon) are the hosts. Again- I found Jamie after she took over Milk and Honey Tees Instagram (clearly, I love those tees) The first season focused on the lineage of Jesus. During these episodes Knox and Jamie retell the stories in a super entertaining way. They also cast the stories with what celebrities would play the characters in the movie version of the story. Two words: Dax Shepard as Lot. You are welcome. That one keeps me laughing.
4. The Popcast with Knox and Jamie- I recently found the Popcast and I am hooked. As a Pop Culture Junkie, I can’t believe I didn’t know about this one sooner. They discuss the latest pop culture news, and are stinking hilarious.
3. The Lucky Few Podcast- This is a brand new podcast that some of my friends are hosting. The Lucky Few podcast discusses the awesomeness of Down syndrome. There have been 2 episodes so far and they are so good! Whether or not you know someone with Down syndrome- it is an awesome podcast that brings awareness to Down syndrome. Clearly that was going to be in my top 3.
2. Up and Vanished- Clearly I love a good crime podcast. And these last two are the best I’ve listened to. I became hooked on Up and Vanished just before the break in the case. Bryan and I binged Up and Vanished in a week. It is about an unsolved case in Georgia, of a beautyqueen turned teacher who disappeared. The host is great, it keeps you on the edge of your seat, and realizing that the podcast is the reason her case is now solved is pretty incredible.
1. Dirty John- My number one pick. The best and craziest podcast I have ever listened to. My friend told me about it (I get 90% of my podcast recommendations from her), and I started the first episode on my 6 hour trip to Kentucky for my bestie’s baby shower. I finished the last episode as I pulled into her driveway. I had to pick up my jaw off the floor before I walked into her house. It was so good. I don’t want to give anything away- but it is so good. Listen if you haven’t already.
Well there are my top ten podcast recommendations! I am always looking for new ones- so leave a comment with your favorite podcasts!
A few honorable mentions that I really like are The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey, Dais with Rachel Hollis, Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard, Pour Not Pour with Joel and Matt (Joel is my friend from middle/high school) and Atlanta Monster.
A few Dex likes to listen to in the car are Disney Story Central and Story Pirate.
Happy Weekend friends!